Monday, June 8, 2009

Lincoln Park Zoo







This morning we met my friend Heather and her little boy, Aiden at her place in the city and we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was my kids' and my first time there. Hannah, Ryan and Josh were even excited on the drive thru Wrigleyville looking at every store/restaurant/bird, etc. It was cute. The LPZ is really nice with big, more natural looking exhibits (I thought) than the ones at Brookfield Zoo where we usually go. It was fun to go to a new place and visit with Heather and Aiden too. Hannah was excited to see the flamingos since our zoo doesn't have those. They also got to see lions, leopards, a bunch of different named primates, some pigs, a tiger, and surely some that I'm forgetting! I think all the kids liked climbing up into the John Deere tractor in the barn within the children's zoo part. They all piled in and took turns sitting in the seat to "steer." It turned out to be a great morning at the zoo.
For lunch we went to this cool place right by Heather's house called Rockit Bar & Grill and we got to sit outside on the patio. All the kids did great eating their delicious mac n' cheese and fruit! Heather and I had tasty grilled chicken sandwiches on tomato foccacia bread with truffle fries...yummmmm! All was well today in the Windy City! Thanks, Heather!






1 comment:

The Winkler's said...

I had a great time too. The kids were all so good. Can't wait to take them to the beach!