Saturday, August 3, 2013

Block Party 2013!!

Our 3rd annual block party was a great success once again! Each year it gets better and better, I think. We had the jumpy house again, games and water attractions for the kids, and lots of food. We met a few new neighbors and hung out with all our favorite "usuals." Josh and Hannah helped make mini s'mores cups to take, and I made Aunt Judy's taco dip with Doritos too-yum!



First thing, the fire department came (relax, we invited them!) and gave all the kids fire hats and tours of the firetruck and ambulance. Ryan and Josh both got to work the lights and sirens on the ambulance too.






                                                                   Hannah and Sophia







The gang minus Addy and the Kolliniatus two


Leo "driving" the firetruck



the only time we hope Ryan is ever on a stretcher!


Drivin' the ambulance


Playing in the hydrant




Playing on the slide (that's the top of Ryan's head on the slide part)



Sophie



Dylan and Joshy




We had tons of great food that everybody brought:  ribs, chicken, brats, 'dogs, burgers, grilled nachos, chips, and treats. Later we had a big fire, S'mores, and a movie outside for the kids. I wish I'd gotten pics of that stuff! Anyway, we'll probably have another outdoor movie night before the summer is over and I'll get some photos then. Good times!


No comments: